The policy does not apply to third party services I may use to conduct business which I do not own or control.
In order to fulfil your purchase, you must provide certain information such as your name, email address, physical shipping address and the details of the product you are purchasing. Additional information may be provided by choice such as a telephone number or custom notes at checkout.
Why This Information is Required
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect and use your information in order to;
- provide the product or service you are purchasing, such as when your information is used to fulfil and ship your order, settle return requests or provide after sales support
- provide you with news, such as when you have consented to receive the newsletter, which you may unsubscribe from at anytime
- adhere to UK tax laws, such as keeping sales information for a certain period of time
Sharing Information and Disclosure
I take responsibility for the protection of your data very seriously and it will only be shared with third parties in limited circumstances:
- Service providers. To provide fulfilment of your order, such as using third party services to ship and deliver the goods, in this case Royal Mail.
- Hosting. To share and obtain information of your order via the online shop, in this case hosted by Shopify.
- Marketing. To share information with you by newsletter if you consent to this, service provided by Mailchimp.
- Sales information. To record the details of business sales for the purposes of running the business such as this case Google cloud services.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside of the EU
I may store or process your information using services provided by third-party companies in the US and other juristictions with different data protection laws than the EU. For these services I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer. Shopify, Mailchimp and Google cloud are Privacy Shiled certified.
You have certain rights regarding your data outlined below:
- Access. You have the right to request and access a copy of the information I hold about you. You may contact me using the contact information below to receive a copy of the information at any time.
- Change or withdraw. You may have the right to change or withdraw your personal information. Except whereby I am legally required to store certain parts of the information for tax purposes. However you may ask to delete all the remaining information I am not required to store by law.
- Object. You may at any time choose to object to me using your information which you provided at anytime either by unsubscribing directly from a newsletter or sending me a request to do so.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU you may raise a concern about my use of your information with your local supervisory authority.
How to Contact Me
For the purposes of EU data protection law under GDPR, I, Thea Schultheiss am the controller of your personal information used when you subscribe to Toilworn newsletter, purchase via the online shop or at in person events.
You may contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org